Slab Leak Repair and Detection in Lubbock TX
A slab leak is simply a water leak in a section of pipe that lies in the concrete foundation of your residence. It is no different than having a plumbing leak in a section of pipe anywhere else in the home. The aspect that makes it more difficult to repair is that the pipe is not easy to get to since it is in or under a thick layer of cement.
Considering where the slab leak is located, it may take some time before homeowners can tell that a water leak is happening. Some of the potential slab leak detection signs are:
- Warm areas or cold areas on the concrete.
- The noise of running water is heard when no water should be running.
- Increased water bills.
- Puddles developing around the foundation of the house.
- Mildew or mold forming under carpets, in the basement, or anywhere close to the foundation.
- Gurgling sounds or breaking around the tile in the bathroom.
- Cracks developing in walls or ceilings.
- Reduced water pressure from one or more pipes in your house.
If you feel that a slab leak might be happening in your home, give 806 Plumbing a call to do a slab leak detection to assess what is happening. Do not wait for the leak will only get worse and cause more damage to ones home.